5 Jul 2012

The Disco Tin Foil Manicure

No.
Not the latest low-fi-middle-energy-indie-hop band, but fun with tin foil.
Especially fun was watching hundreds of painstakingly cut little bits fly away when I sneezed.
I just wanted to see what would happen if I made little squares with tin foil. I was hoping for a disco ball effect. Got an odd chainmail/armour effect instead, but I think this is the way ahead. We're seeing chains and stickers and tiny beads, jewellry and 3d appliques, cupcakes and butterflies stuck on nails as a matter of course now.
Join IN!

After uploading these pics I see that using a Nokia camera phone is an even worse idea than the BB. Technology hates me.
Off to the memory card shop I go.




















































just wanted to see what would happen if I applied polish OVER the foil. I like it.













2 comments:

  1. Love this effect, it's really pretty and unique! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay. Went better in my head than in real life, as most things do. I'd like to get the tiny cutout stamp things and make those shapes. Do you know the ones I mean? They'd look really cute xoxo

      Delete

I answer ALL comments and will usually check back to your blog if you have one. So leave a comment, suggestion, or just go in peace and enjoy your day